Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For Al’s Appliance Repair, that means understanding how it affects our employees, customers, and communities, and then making the necessary adjustments to our work and operations.
We have one simple objective that guides us: Keeping you and our employees safe. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way. We want to keep you safe and limit the possibility of anyone catching the virus. With that in mind, we have made several moves in our business in response to the threat of the coronavirus.
WHEN WE COME TO YOUR HOME
We have ramped up cleaning services for each of our technicians. We are increasing our daily cleanings two more times each day. Technicians are required to wipe all tools and equipment down before and after entering homes. Additionally, please expect the following when we come to your home for a repair and please :
- Our technicians will be following CDC Protocol when they come to your home and will maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between them and anyone in your home. In conjunction with this, we have implemented a policy of not shaking hands (or any direct contact) to protect you and our employees. We ask that you respect and follow these guidelines as well when our technicians are in your home.
- Upon entering your home, the technician will ask to wash their hands before beginning the repair service. Please have warm water and soap available to them to use at a clean sink in your home.
- Please have a disinfectant of your choice available that the technician will use to wipe down/clean any surfaces with which they may come into contact.
- To prevent any unnecessary spreading of germs, we will be providing electronic copies of receipts only at this time. Please give the technician a valid and updated email address where you would like to receive your receipt.
- Before leaving, the technician will again request to wash their hands.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of washing their hands and staying home if they feel sick or are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk.
Per CDC recommendations, we will ask employees who have traveled to high-risk locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to such locations to self-quarantine for 14 days.
To further help prevent the spread of the illness, a strict travel policy is in place for our employees, and we have canceled meetings with large gatherings.
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL
If you don’t feel well or choose to cancel your repair, we will be ready to serve you when you reschedule.
We know that many of you have scheduled in-home repairs with us. If you have any concerns, we’ll be happy to work with you to reschedule your appointment at no additional cost. Simply call we will take care of it.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect you and our employees.